The following are the standard configurations for the HP LaserJet P2015 Series printers.
HP LaserJet P2015 printer
- 27 ppm (Letter-size), 26 ppm (A4–size)
- First page out in as few as 8.5 seconds
- ProRes 1200 (provides fine-line detail at 1200 x 1200 dpi)
- 600 dpi (provides 600 x 600 dpi output with Resolution Enhancement Technology (REt) for improved text)
- 50-sheet multipurpose tray (tray 1)
- 250-sheet enclosed input tray (tray 2)
- Optional additional 250-sheet input tray (tray 3)
- Print watermarks, booklets, multiple pages per sheet (N-up), and first page on different media than the rest of the document
- 32 MB RAM
- Memory can be upgraded to 288 MB
- 3,000-page or 7,000-page print cartridge
- PCL 6, PCL 5e, and HP postscript level 3 emulation (printer automatically determines and switches to the appropriate language)
- Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications
- Supported by Windows® 98 (printer driver only), Me (printer driver only), 2000, Server 2003 (printer driver only), XP 32-bit, XP 64-bit (printer driver only)
- Supported by Macintosh OS X V10.2.8, V10.3.9, V10.4.3
- On/off switch
- HP ToolboxFX (provides printer status information, troubleshooting information, and printer configuration information)
- Embedded Web server (EWS) with internal pages that are localized in 16 languages
- 46 HP fonts
- 35 HP postscript emulation level 3 fonts
HP LaserJet P2015d printer
The HP LaserJet P2015d printer includes all of the features of the HP LaserJet P2015 plus automatic two-sided (duplex) printing.
2 Chapter 1 Product information ENWW
HP LaserJet P2015n printer
The HP LaserJet P2015n printer includes all of the features of the HP LaserJet P2015 plus an HP internal network port.
HP LaserJet P2015dn printer
The HP LaserJet P2015dn printer includes all of the features of the HP LaserJet P2015d plus an HP internal network port.
HP LaserJet P2015x printer
The HP LaserJet P2015x printer includes all of the features of the HP LaserJet P2015dn plus an additional 250-sheet input tray (tray 3).
ENWW Product features 3
Identify product parts
The following illustrations identify the components of the HP LaserJet P2015 Series printers. The HP LaserJet P2015dn model is shown.
Figure 1-1 HP LaserJet P2015dn, front view
- Output bin
- Print-cartridge door
- Tray 1 (50–sheet multipurpose tray)
- Model number
- Tray 2 (250-sheet enclosed input tray)
- On/off switch
- Print-cartridge-door button
- Control panel
Figure 1-2 HP LaserJet P2015dn, back view
- Straight-through output door
- Power receptacle
4 Chapter 1 Product information ENWW
|3||Automatic two-sided-printing media-size selector (duplex models only)|
|4||HP internal network port (network-ready models only)|
|6||Rear automatic two-sided path door (duplex models only)|
- Serial number
ENWW Identify product parts 5
6 Chapter 1 Product information ENWW
The printer control panel is comprised of six lights and two buttons. The lights produce patterns that identify the printer status.
- Jam light: Indicates that there is a jam in the printer.
- Toner light: When the print cartridge is low, the Toner light illuminates. When the print cartridge is out of the printer, the Toner light blinks.
- Paper out light: Indicates that the printer is out of paper.
- Attention light: Indicates that the print cartridge door is open or other errors exist.
- Ready light: Indicates that the printer is ready to print.
- Go button and light.
- Cancel button: To cancel the print job that is currently printing, press the Cancel button.
NOTE See Status-light patterns for a description of the light patterns.
8 Chapter 2 Control panel ENWW
For easy printer setup and access to the full range of printer features, HP strongly recommends that you install the software that is provided with the printer.
The following sections describe the software that is provided with the HP LaserJet P2015 Series printers:
- Software for Windows
Supported operating systems
The printer comes with software for the following operating systems:
- Windows 98 (printer driver only)
- Windows Me (printer driver only)
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2003 (printer driver only)
For more information about upgrading from Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003; using Windows Server 2003 Point and Print; or using Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services and Printing, go to http://www.microsoft.com/.
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows XP (64-bit) (printer driver only)
- Macintosh OS X V10.2.8, V10.3.9, and V10.4.3
10 Chapter 3 Product software ENWW
This section shows you how to connect the printer to your computer or network by a USB or network connection.
All HP LaserJet P2015 Series printers support USB connections.
- Insert the software installation CD into the computer CD-ROM drive.
- If the installation program does not start automatically, browse the CD contents and run the SETUP.EXE file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
The HP LaserJet P2015n, HP LaserJet P2015dn, and HP LaserJet P2015x printers can connect to networks through the HP internal networking port. External network print servers are available for the HP LaserJet P2015 and HP LaserJet P2015d printers. The following table identifies what is required to add networking to any HP LaserJet P2015 Series printer.
Table 3-1 Networking options
|HP LaserJet model||10/100Base-TX|
|P2015 and P2015d||HP Jetdirect 175x|
|HP Jetdirect en3700|
|P2015n, P2015dn, P2015x||Included|
To order the print server, see 10/100 networking print servers.
Connect the printer to the network
To connect a networking-equipped HP LaserJet P2015 Series printer to your network, you need the following items:
- Functional wired network
- CAT-5 Ethernet cable
To connect the printer to your network, perform the following steps:
- Connect the CAT-5 Ethernet cable to an available port on the Ethernet hub or router.
ENWW Printer connections 11
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the back of the printer.
- Verify that one of the network lights (10 or 100) is illuminated on the network port located on the back of the printer.
- Print a Network Configuration page: When the printer is in the Ready state, press and hold the Go button for 5 seconds. The Network Configuration page automatically prints with the Configuration page.
NOTE To resolve network connection problems, see Network setup problem solving.
Install the printer software for the network printer
To use the printer on the network, install the printer software on a computer that is connected to the network. See Software for Windows or Software for Macintosh for information about installing the printer software.
12 Chapter 3 Product software ENWW
Software for Windows
The following sections describe the Windows software that is available for the HP LaserJet P2015 Series printers.
Windows printer drivers
A printer driver is the software that provides access to printer features and provides the means for the computer to print to the printer.
Windows driver types
Three Windows printer drivers are available: PCL 5e, PCL 6, and HP postscript level 3 emulation.
Choose a printer driver based on the way you use the printer.
- Use the PCL 5e printer driver for faster printer performance and a quick first page out with 600 dpi print quality.
- Use the PCL 6 printer driver for enhanced print quality. The PCL 6 driver allows you to take advantage of HP’s proprietary ProRes 1200 and FastRes 1200 technologies. Printer performance and first page out may be slower with this driver.
- Use the HP postscript level 3 emulation printer driver for HP postscript level 3 emulation. Certain printer features are not available in this printer driver.
The printer automatically switches between HP postscript level 3 emulation and PCL printer languages depending on the driver that you have selected.
Install the Windows printer software
The following sections provide instructions for installing the printer driver on Windows operating systems.
To install printer software for Windows XP (64-bit) and Windows Server 2003
See the operating system documentation for instructions on installing a printer driver.
To install printer software for Windows 98 (driver only), Me (driver only), 2000, and XP (32–bit)
Insert the software CD that came with the printer into the computer CD-ROM drive. Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
NOTE If the Welcome screen does not open, click Start on the Windows task bar, click Run, type Z:\setup (where Z is your CD drive letter), and click OK.
Configure the Windows printer driver
Use one of the following methods to open the Windows printer driver from your computer:
ENWW Software for Windows 13
Operating system To change the settings for all
print jobs until the software
program is closed
To change the print job default To change the configuration
settings (for example, turn on settings (for example, add a
Print on Both Sides by default) tray or enable/disable Manual
HP ToolboxFX is software that you can use to complete the following tasks:
- Check the printer status.
- Configure the printer settings.
- View troubleshooting information.
- View online documentation.
See HP ToolboxFX for more information.
Embedded Web server
You can use the embedded Web server to configure the printer, view status information, and obtain problem-solving information.
See Embedded Web server for more information.
14 Chapter 3 Product software ENWW
Software for Macintosh
The following sections describe the Macintosh software that is available for the HP LaserJet P2015 Series printers.
Macintosh printer drivers
A printer driver is the software component that provides access to printer features and provides the means for the computer to communicate with the printer.
Install the Macintosh printer driver
This section explains how to install the printing system software for Macintosh OS X V10.2.8, V10.3.9 and V10.4.3.
NOTE USB queues are created automatically when the printer is attached to the computer. However, the queue will use a generic PPD if the installer has not been run before the USB cable is connected. To change the queue PPD, open the Print Center or Printer Setup Utility, select the correct printer queue, and then click Show Info to open the Printer Info dialog box. In the pop-up menu, select Printer Model, and then, in the pop-up menu in which Generic is selected, select the correct PPD for the printer.
Use the following procedure to install the Macintosh printer driver:
- Insert the printer CD into the CD-ROM drive and run the installer.
- Double-click the CD icon on the desktop
- Double-click the Installer icon.
- Follow the instructions on the computer screen.
- Print a test page or a page from any software program to make sure that the printer software is correctly installed.
If installation fails, reinstall the software. If this fails, see the Late-Breaking Information section of the Install Notes. The Install Notes are located on the printer CD or at the support Web site (see How to contact HP for the Web address).
Configure the Macintosh printer driver
Use one of the following methods to open the Macintosh printer driver from your computer:
Operating System To change the settings for all print jobs until the software program is closed
To change the print job default settings (for example, turn on Print on Both Sides by default)
To change the configuration settings (for example, add a tray or enable/disable Manual Duplexing)
Macintosh OS X V10 1. On the File menu, click
.2.8, V10.3.9, and Print.
2. Change the settings that
you want on the various
- On the File menu, click Print.
- Change the settings that you want on the various pop-up menus.
- On the Presets pop-up menu, click Save as and type a name for the preset.
- Open Printer Setup Utility by selecting the hard drive, clicking Applications, clicking Utilities, then double-clicking Printer Setup Utility.
- Click the print queue.
ENWW Software for Macintosh 15
PostScript Printer Description files (PPDs)
PPDs, in combination with the HP postscript level 3 emulation driver, access the printer features and allow the computer to communicate with the printer. An installation program for the PPDs is provided on the HP LaserJet P2015 Series printer CD.
16 Chapter 3 Product software ENWW
Supported paper and other media
The HP LaserJet P2015 Series printer can use a variety of paper and other print media in accordance with the guidelines in this user guide. Media that does not meet these guidelines might cause the following problems:
- Poor print quality
- Increased jams
- Premature wear on the printer, requiring repair
For best results, use only HP brand paper and print media. Hewlett-Packard Company cannot recommend the use of other brands. Because they are not HP products, HP cannot influence or control their quality.
It is possible for media to meet all of the guidelines in this user guide and still not produce satisfactory results. This might be the result of improper handling, unacceptable temperature and humidity levels, or other variables over which Hewlett-Packard has no control.
Before you purchase a large quantity of media, test the media and make sure that it meets the requirements specified in this user guide and in HP LaserJet printer family media guide. The guidelines can be downloaded from http://www.hp.com/support/ljpaperguide/, or see Order supplies and accessories for more information about ordering the guidelines.
CAUTION Using media that does not meet Hewlett-Packard’s specifications might cause problems for the printer, requiring repair. This repair is not covered by the Hewlett-Packard warranty or service agreements.
Optimize print quality for media types
The HP LaserJet P2015 Series printers provide a number of print modes that allow the unit to adapt to various media. You can change the print modes on the Paper tab in the printer driver, in HP ToolboxFX, or in the embedded Web server.
NOTE When using the CARDSTOCK, ENVELOPE, LABEL, and ROUGH modes, the printer pauses between pages and the number of pages per minute decreases.
Table 4-1 Driver print modes
|PLAIN||75 to 104 g/m2 (20 to 27 lb)|
|LIGHT||Less than 75 g/m2 (20 lb)|
|HEAVY||90 to 105 g/m2 (24 to 28 lb)|
|CARDSTOCK||Card stock or thick media|
|TRANSPARENCY||4-mil, 0.1 Monochrome Overhead Transparencies (OHTs)|
|ENVELOPE||Standard HP LaserJet envelopes|
|LABEL||Standard HP LaserJet labels|
18 Chapter 4 Supported paper and other media ENWW
Guidelines for using media
You can print on a variety of media, such as paper (including up to 100% recycled-fiber-content paper), envelopes, labels, transparencies, and custom-size media. The following are the supported media sizes:
- Minimum: 76 by 127 mm (3 x 5 inches)
- Maximum: 216 by 356 mm (8.5 x 14 inches)
Properties such as weight, grain, and moisture content are important factors that affect printer performance and quality. To achieve the best possible print quality, only use high-quality media that is designed for laser printers.
NOTE Always test a sample of the media before you purchase large quantities.
HP recommends a variety of media. See the HP LaserJet Printer Family Print Media Guide (http://www.hp.com/support/ljpaperguide/) for a full list.
Media to avoid
Media outside the printer specifications will cause a loss of print quality and increase the occurrence of jams.
- Do not use paper that is too rough.
- Do not use paper with cutouts or perforations other than standard 3-hole punched paper.
- Do not use multi-part or multi-page forms.
- Do not use paper with a watermark if you are printing solid patterns.
Media that can damage the printer
Avoid media that can damage the printer.
- Do not use media with staples attached.
- Do not use transparencies designed for inkjet printers or other low temperature printers. Use only transparencies that are specified for use with HP LaserJet printers.
- Do not use photo paper intended for inkjet printers.
- Do not use paper that is embossed or coated and is not designed for the temperatures of the printer’s image fuser. Select media that can tolerate temperatures of 200° C (392° F) for 0.1 second. HP produces a selection of media that is designed for the HP LaserJet P2015 Series printers.
- Do not use letterhead paper with low temperature dyes or thermography. Preprinted forms or letterhead must use inks that can tolerate temperatures of 200° C (392° F) for 0.1 second.
- Do not use any media that produces hazardous emissions, or that melts, offsets, or discolors when exposed to 200° C (392° F) for 0.1 second.
ENWW Guidelines for using media 19
For best results, use conventional 75 g/m2 (20 lb) paper. Make sure that the paper is of good quality and free of cuts, nicks, tears, spots, loose particles, dust, wrinkles, voids, and curled or bent edges.
CAUTION Do not feed a sheet of labels through the printer more than once. The adhesive degrades and might damage the printer.
When selecting labels, consider the quality of the following components:
- Adhesives: The adhesive material should be stable at 200° C (392° F), the printer’s maximum temperature.
- Arrangement: Only use labels with no exposed backing between them. Labels can peel off sheets that have spaces between the labels, causing serious jams.
- Curl: Prior to printing, labels must lie flat with no more than 13 mm (0.5 in.) of curl in any direction.
- Condition: Do not use labels with wrinkles, bubbles, or other indications of separation.
Transparencies must be able to withstand 200° C (392° F), the printer’s maximum temperature.
Envelope construction is critical. Envelope fold lines can vary considerably, not only between manufacturers but also within a box from the same manufacturer. When selecting envelopes, consider the following components:
- Weight:The weight of the envelope paper should not exceed 90 g/m2 (24 lb), or jamming might result.
- Construction: Prior to printing, envelopes should lie flat with less than 6 mm (0.25 in.) curl and should not contain air. Envelopes that trap air may cause problems. Do not use envelopes that contain clasps, snaps, tie strings, transparent windows, holes, perforations, cut outs, synthetic materials, stamping, or embossing. Do not use envelopes with adhesives that do not require moistening, but rely instead on pressure to seal them.
- Condition: Make sure that the envelopes are not wrinkled, nicked, or otherwise damaged. Make sure that the envelopes do not have any exposed adhesive.
- Sizes: From 90 x 160 mm (3.5 x 6.3 in.) to 178 x 254 mm (7 x 10 in.).
20 Chapter 4 Supported paper and other media ENWW
To read more please download the PDFs below
Download Hp Laserjet P2015 Manual
hp laserjet p2015d driver free download
hp laserjet p2015 driver free download softonic
hp laserjet p2015 toner
hp laserjet p2015 driver download win7 32-bit
hp laserjet p2015 price in pakistan
hp laserjet p2015 driver download win7 64-bit
hp laserjet p2015 error lights
hp laserjet p2015 specs